Atkins Scallops Wrapped in Bacon
Bacon is great. Wrap it around scallops and you have a real treat!
- This appetizer is simple and delicious. And who doesn’t love anything that has bacon? This recipe is also acceptable on all four phases of the Atkins plan.
Scallops Wrapped in Bacon
Makes 12 (2 piece) servings
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 24 bay scallops (about 5 ounces)
- 12 strips bacon (cut across in half)
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon granular sugar substitute
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1. Remove the tough connective strap from the side of each scallop. Press a water chestnut slice together with a scallop; bind together by wrapping a piece of bacon around them and securing with a toothpick. Repeat with remaining scallops, chestnuts and bacon.
2. Combine soy sauce, sugar substitute, and ginger. Pour over the scallops and marinade for 10 minutes.
3. Heat the broiler. Place wrapped scallops on a broiler pan. Broil, turning once, until bacon is crisp and scallops are cooked but still moist, 5 to 6 minutes.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Net Carbs: 3.5g
Recipe used with permission from Atkins Nutritionals .